Sunday, May 11, 2008

Better late than never.

The other day I woke up at 4:00 to one of my friends calling me. We talked for a little bit and then when I got off the phone I wasn't able to go back to sleep at all. I spent some time catching up on the new episode of the office and then finally getting up around 6:00 and going to sit on the back porch and doing something that I haven't done in a really long time. With a less than light heart, I opened my Bible, just seeing what I would open to. Psalms 119 was what presented itself to me, so I read. Everything I read was something that I needed to hear (or in this case read) and I came to a realization that I wish I had come to a long time ago. I've grown up going to church and stuff, and I've always been a pretty good kid and all that, but it wasn't until then that I realized that if I don't first find my joy in the Lord, I'm not going to find joy in anything else at all. I just hope that I really follow through with trying to accomplish this and get into reading the Bible more and do some other stuff that I've been talking to Andrew about trying to start up. I would appreciate prayer for this aspect of my life. As this aspect will mold everything else I do.

No comments: