Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Chris [kind of] made me do this.

A while ago I was talking to my friend Chris. Friend almost doesn't explain it in that phrase. I've known Chris since I was about 7 or 8 yrs. old. I owe a lot to Chris, he's been there for me on many an occasion, and I feel that all the influences that led me to be the guy I am today [you can judge for yourself if this is a good or bad thing, haha] comes from either Chris and his brothers or Paul Huyghebaert. Anyway, I'm getting off track.

One night I was talking to Chris and I don't remember if he asked me or if I was talking about it and offered up this information, but somehow the topic of what I am looking for in a girl came up. He begged me to post it somewhere after that conversation, so here it is, a little late, but nevertheless, here it is.

Bradley Richard Maki's Girl Prerequisites [yeah, the title needs some work]

No particular order of importance, except the first thing. [I'm trying to cover all of the bases to get to Heaven]
I'm looking for a girl that loves Jesus. I want someone who is strong, and will push me to be who I was created to be, but that needs my strength at the same time. I want a girl who is into good music. I know. This may be kind of shallow, like it may not matter in the long run, but it is so hard for me to get into a girl who likes crappy music. I don't even mean someone who likes every band that I do. I just don't want to date a girl who's music collection is mostly singles from artists that are radio stars. Yeah, I AM that much of a nerd when it comes to music. Anyway... I want a girl who is really into doing something great as far as bringing the kingdom here to earth. I want her to be passionate about something and to strive to make it happen, to work so hard towards her goal. I want someone who doesn't spend a ton of time every morning trying to look pretty under 10 gallons of makeup. Don't get me wrong, it's cool to get dressed up and go somewhere nice, but if you're not comfortable with how you look how are we even dating. I'm a fat wannabe-lumberjack. C'mon. I want someone who is strong in their choices and decisions. I'm most certainly not one to live with regrets, only situations that I can learn from, and I hope that she is the same way. I want a girl who will have a couple drinks with me. I'm not talking about going to the hottest club or college bar and getting trashed only to make some bad decisions later in the night, I'm talking about a small, out of the way pub or something that will have some decent beer or if you don't like that some wine or maybe even a mixed drink, but you get extra points if you like pale ales. I want a girl who doesn't put stock in material things. Sure I own some stuff, but that doesn't mean that I'm scraping by so I can get some crazy new Cadillac or something like that. I'm scraping by now because I work at Kroger and I'll be scraping by after school because of Sallie Mae. I trust you understand. I want a girl who will laugh at my jokes that are funny and make fun of me for the ones that aren't. Now that my friends is love.

I'm sure there are some things to add on to this, but the main point is there. Anyway, enjoy my crazy list, and if you know anyone that seems to fit...you can send them my way..haha. Hope you get a kick out of this Chris.

2 comments:

chris.priestley said...

Haha, great post brother.

It's truly a respectable list ::nod::

If I were single and anatomically compatable you would so be mine ;)

p.s. "I'm a fat wannabe-lumberjack." <--absolutely brilliant.

Cara said...

i loooooooooooove this. hope you find that crazy lumberjack lovin' chica soon ;)