Wednesday, October 29, 2008

My God, where have you been?

I've been loving this song a lot lately. The last line "My God, where have you been?" first kind of hit me as being somewhere in your life and not really feeling God with you, or doubting or something along those lines, but I don't think that's what it is. When I was driving home from school or the store or somewhere equally unimportant as the previous two places today, I was listening to this, and on those last few lines I started thinking about it as being the realization that God is there, and that you just couldn't see Him or wouldn't see Him, and in your most broken you just look up and there He is. I got chills at this thought. Whether this is right or wrong as far as what Andy Hull intended when writing this song, I don't know. I don't really care. Art is meant to be interpreted. Below is a video of Manchester Orchestra playing it and some guys from Brand New come out and play drums, and Jesse sings part of the song with Andy. I hope you enjoy it. Love to all.

No comments: